Trinity United Church started as the Charlotte Street Wesleyan Methodist Mission on Charlotte Street, south of the present site in 1872. It became the Charlotte Street Methodist Church in 1884 and by 1914 the congregation began building a new church on the present site. The present-day Trinity, was opened in January, 1916. Trinity Methodist became Trinity United in 1925. Additional halls, offices and meeting rooms were added in 1952 and 1955 and in 1991 renovations provided a new entrance and made the church wheelchair-accessible.
The church has a beautiful collection of stained glass windows created by Robert MacCausland.